How to Update HTC Incredible S with AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
When it comes to Android, it’s no better in porting various custom ROM firmwares of your choice in your smartphone as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 custom ROM firmware in your HTC Incredible S smartphone. This custom ROM firmware comes with a list of features which we will be checking out in the due course of this article but before that you will have to ensure that you have followed all the pre requisites mentioned below so as to ensure that the firmware is updated successfully and safely. Full credits to the recognized XDA developer nikhil007mmus who has come up with this firmware. This is the AOKP version of firmware developed on the base of the latest Cyanogen mod 10 firmware.
This firmware which is dubbed as Jellybean Evolution not just comes along with the various features but also ropes in the goodness of all the user interfaces of the Jellybean. More over since this is a custom ROM firmware, you can customize the device, the way you want it. For applying this update you will need to root your HTC Incredible S smartphone. To check on whether your HTC Incredible S smartphone is rooted or not, you can check the same from the app “Root Checker” which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store. You may face some issues in video playback but can be fixed with the apps like Mobo Player etc.
Features of Jellybean Evolution:
– Android 4.1.1
– CM10 Kernel
– Superuser & Busybox preinstalled
– Built in performance/init.d configuration
– Advance Power Menu
– Brightness Slider On Status Bar – Yes Its In There
– Quiet hours
– AOKP Wallpapers
– Mute Camera Sounds
– AOKP Statistics
– Battery Bar
– Expandable Volume Panel
– LED Options
– Clock Location: Right, Center, Disable
– Battery Icon: CircleMod, Bar, Text Only, Icon Only, Icon+Text or None
– Toggles: Auto rotate, Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi, Aiplane mode, Vibrate, Silent, Sync, Data, 4G, Tethering, Torch, Brightness
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Since the custom ROM firmware will be installed, you will have to make sure that you have backed up all the data present in your device to the computer preferably. Also, make sure that you are not backing up the data with the help of HTC Sync as it doesn’t detect the custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable USB Debugging Mode in your HTC Incredible S. Also, you need to ensure that the minimum battery charge left in your phone is not less than 40% or else the phone may get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how you can apply this firmware update. To make your things simple, we have even mentioned the images on how this firmware looks like in your incredible S.
Procedure to Update HTC Incredible S with the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Just in case if your Incredible S is not rooted, you can root Incredible S on any firmware by following the instructions in the corresponding link.
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware package & Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you will then will have to connect your device to the computer with the original USB cable and then transfer these two files in your computer.
- Once placed, disconnect the Incredible S from the computer and turn off the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode via the boot loader mode.
- Boot loader mode in HTC Incredible S can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the phone boots in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the recovery mode.
- In the boot loader mode, you need to select “recovery” so as to enter into the recovery mode. Now, in the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Jellybean 4.1.1 ROM firmware & Google Apps package which you have placed in your Incredible S.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying this update. Once the device is updated, the device will land up in the recovery mode screen. Select “Go Back” and select “Reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. It will take more than usual time for rebooting the device.
Note: Just in case if your HTC Incredible S gets stuck on the HTC Logo or say gets stuck on the firmware application process, then long press the Power button and turn off the device to start applying the update again.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully upgraded your device on the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update.