Procedure to Update HTC One with Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2.2 MIUI v5.0 Android Custom ROM Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device.
- Turn off your HTC One smartphone so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode via Boot loader mode.
- The Boot loader mode in HTC One X can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the phone boots in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the boot loader mode.
- Up next in the boot loader mode, you need to select “recovery” so as to enter into the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and Wipe Cache partition for clearing all the cache data present in the device.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Android revolution HD firmware package which you have placed in the device. Once the file is selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- Please note that it may take longer time than expected for booting the device up as it’s the first time the device will be booting after updating the firmware. To check the firmware version, you can check the same from the path “Settings > Firmware Version” where it will be mentioned as Android Revolution HD Jellybean 4.1.2.
Tip: If your HTC One refuses to boot up or say gets into the boot loop mode, then you need to re-apply the whole process from the start so as to make sure that the device is updated with this firmware
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the firmware of Jellybean 4.2.2 of MIUI v5.0 version in your device.. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.