With Sense 5.0 and Jellybean 4.3 in it, you will just love your HTC One more than ever. So, for all those who managed to root their device and would now want to make the most of it by installing the custom ROM firmware have a great news here as we will be checking out on what are the quick instructions with which you can apply with this firmware update. But before we proceed, let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites you need to follow which are mentioned below.
Note: The best part of this update is that for users who are facing issues related to the Red patch in Camera is not there in this custom ROM firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Before we proceed on to check about what are the quick pre requisites, make sure that you have rooted your device which can be checked from the “Root Checker” app. Download the same from Google PLAY Store if you haven’t installed yet in your HTC One.
- If your HTC One is already rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps, you will need to create the backup with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of HTC Sync.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, ensure that USB Debugging is enabled in your HTC One smartphone. Also make sure that your HTC One is left with a minimum of 50% battery life.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Once you are done with above mentioned pre requisite instructions, proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to update the device.
Procedure to Update HTC One with Jellybean 4.3 Android OS:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Android OS Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Place the zip file in your device by connecting your device to the computer using original USB cable.
- Download the “ROM Manager” app from Google Play Store and install the recovery image in your device. Now, enter the device in the recovery mode by selecting the appropriate option in the ROM Manager app.
- From recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” to choose the placed firmware zip file in your device. Once the update package is selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- Once the device is updated with the latest firmware, all you need to do is to check whether the update is applied or not from the Settings Section where it will show the current firmware as Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press power button to restart the device and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you come across with any bugs / issues as we are committed to address the same at the earliest.