We saw recently on how you can update your HTC One X Android smartphone with the Latest Kit Kat 4.4 Android firmware version and now the time has come to check out on what are the steps with which you can update your HTC One X+ Android Phone with the Kit Kat 4.4 version. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like HTC will be coming up with the Kit Kat version for the One X + due to hardware limitations. But all thanks to XDA developers who have made Pure AOSP custom ROM available for HTC One X Plus.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Make sure that your Battery, it should be above 50%. Also, make sure that the USB Debugging is enabled from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your device.
- Backup all your data with the help of below mentioned steps manually so as to make sure that all your data is safe and can be restored after the firmware is updated successfully.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Since this is a custom ROM firmware, make sure that your phone is rooted. To check if your device is rooted or not, you will have to Download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. If your HTC One X+ is not rooted, then you need to root the same.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your HTC One X + due to not following instructions.
Once you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can then proceed on to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed tutorial on how to apply with this firmware update in your HTC One X+.
Procedure to Update HTC One X+ with Kit Kat 4.4 Android Firmware:
- Download the Kit Kat 4.4 Android Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the two downloaded zip files in your device.
- Download the ROM manager app from the Google PLAY Store to install the custom Recovery image in your device. This will make sure that you can install the custom firmwares from your recovery mode of the device.
- Open “ROM Manager” application and select the option to enter the device in the recovery mode with the help of Power button and Volume rocker keys.
- In the recovery mode, select “Wipe Cache” and “Wipe Data” in the recovery mode. After this, select “install zip from sd card” and choose the firmware zip file followed by which you need to select the Google Apps Package.
- The whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes and once it’s done, select “go back” and then select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the One X+ smartphone.
Note: If at all your HTC One X+ gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can long press the power button.
- You can check the firmware update from the path “Settings > About Device > Firmware Version” where the firmware update version will be mentioned.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of Kit Kat 4.4 Android Firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.