HTC One X smartphone can now be installed with the latest version of One Maximus V4.0 Firmware. The best part of this firmware is that it comes with a hell lot of custom features which we have listed in the due course of this article. It was quite a while when we saw the last custom ROM firmware here and this is one of the most appealing custom ROM firmwares. As of now there is no ETA on by when there will be an official patch update for Jellybean 4.1 release. Also, we have shown on how this custom ROM firmware looks like in your device. This is not an Official firmware version released by HTC but is a custom ROM firmware update which is released by recognized XDA developer Football.
Before you proceed, it’s recommended to create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t make use of HTC Sync for creating the backup as it doesn’t support the custom ROM firmwares. In ROM Manager app don’t select the Backup option as it may completely brick the device for which we should not be held responsible or liable.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Navigate to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging by selecting the same and also make sure that the minimum charge left is 40% or else the device may get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Features of HTC One Maximus V4.0 Firmware:
- Based on latest RUUs
- Aroma Installer
- Init.d capabilities
- Unsecured boot.img
- RAM optimizations
- Added busybox
- All apps updated
- Tweaked for best performance
- Fast and Smooth UI
- Deleted bloatware
- Deleted freedback apps
- Ability to choose any language you want
- General clean up
- Added Solid Explorer, AdAway, Tegra Zone
- · A lot of other changes
Disclaimer: Please note that this is not an official firmware released by HTC and is an initial build of Jellybean 4.1 release. Also, we should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions mentioned. Don’t apply this update in your network locked devices or else it may lock the devices or may even brick the device.
Rooting Information: Rooting & Unlocking of the Boot loader in HTC One X is a must so as to make sure that this Jellybean update can be installed. Once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void. The only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by re applying the Official firmware update. Download Root Checker app from Google PLAY Store.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update HTC One X with One Maximus V4.0 Firmware:
- Download the One Maximus V4.0 Firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your htc one x with the computer and place the zip package in your device, ensure that you are not placing the zip file deep into the device.
- The Boot loader mode in HTC One X can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the phone boots in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the boot loader mode.
- Up next in the boot loader mode, you need to select “recovery” so as to enter into the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and Wipe Cache partition for clearing all the cache data present in the device.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the One Maximus V4.0 Firmware package which you have placed in the device. Once the file is selected,
Tip: If your HTC One X refuses to boot up or say gets into the boot loop mode, then you need to re-apply the whole process from the start so as to make sure that the device is updated with this firmware.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully updated this latest One Maximus V4.0 Firmware in your HTC One X smartphone.