HTC One mini Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest KitKat 4.4.2 Android firmware with the help of Cyanogen Mod 11 firmware. Unfortunately, HTC hasn’t given the exact timeline on by when there will be an official firmware of KitKat 4.4 be released for the device. All thanks to the Cyanogen Mod team for coming out with this version of Kitkat Android OS which ropes in almost all the functionalities which are only available for Google Nexus devices. This firmware fixes all the bugs related to the Camera and also fixes most of the bugs on the RAM usage and performance fixes.
So let’s check out in detail on what are the quick pre requisites you need to follow and then we will head over to the detailed guide which will help you apply the update.
Note: For applying this update, you will have to make sure that your device is rooted.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- If your HTC One Mini is already rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps, you will need to create the backup with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of HTC Sync.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, ensure that USB Debugging is enabled in your HTC One smartphone. Also make sure that your HTC One Mini is left with a minimum of 50% battery life.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, make sure that your device is rooted. You can check on whether your device is rooted or not with the help of Root Checker app. Also, you need to make sure at some CWM version of recovery is installed in your device which can be done by the apps like ROM Manager.
Once you are done with above mentioned pre requisite instructions, proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to update the device.
Procedure to Update HTC One Mini with KitKAT 4.4.2 Firmware:
- Download KitKat 4.4.2 firmware package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, place the same in your device.
- Disconnect the device and download the Quick Boot app from Google PLAY Store to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- Now, all you need to do is to just enter the device in the recovery mode manually. Press and hold the Volume Down + Power button and release the Power key once the screen turns on, but make sure that the Volume down key is pressed.
- From recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” to choose the placed firmware zip file in your device. Once the update package is selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- Once the device is updated with the latest firmware, all you need to do is to check whether the update is applied or not from the Settings Section where it will show the current firmware as KitKat 4.4.2 Android OS.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press power button to restart the device and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
This firmware is only applicable to HTC One mini smartphone and not to any other smartphones. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.