How to Update HTC One X with Official MIUI Custom ROM Firmware
It was the last time when we saw on how you can install the latest Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware in your HTC One X smartphone and in this article we will be checking out on how you can install the MIUI firmware in your device. Please be informed that this is not an official firmware released by HTC and is developed by the third party developer. This firmware can only be applied after updating with the Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware. Over a period of this article we have mentioned detailed pre requisites which you need to follow along with the detailed guide which will help you to update your One X with the MIUI Custom ROM Firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Rooting Information: In the process of applying this Cyanogen Mod 9update, you need to root the device and once you root the device the warranty will be void. The only way with which you can revoke the root access is by re applying the stock firmware which you are on currently. We will try our level best to come up with an article which will help you to revert back to the factory or stock firmware so that you can reclaim the lost warranty.
- First up you need to Install Cyanogen mod 9 Firmware Update in your device by following the instructions in the mentioned link and then proceed with the below mentioned instructions.
- Data in your One X may get lost or corrupted in the process of applying this update. So, it’s better to back up the data with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the HTC Sync tool as it won’t recognize the device in the custom recovery image.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your HTC One X from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
After following all the above mentioned steps, it’s time to head to next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this MIUI Custom ROM firmware in your HTC One X device.