How to Update HTC Rezound with Latest ICS 3.14.605.5 4.0.3 Firmware
Jolly htc Rezound users now seems to be lucky users as just few hours after we came up with an article about an all new ICS update dubbed as ICS 4.0.3 firmware, here surfaces one more ICS update with an all new change log. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily apply this all new update with the help of a simple guide. We have also listed down the exact change log of the update. As of now there are no updates on whether this is the one which will be pushed to the devices or there will be another ICS update. This all new build too is an ICS 4.0.3 Firmware update release with the build number as 3.14.605.5. It was the last time when we saw on how you can update with the 3.13.605.5 version of firmware in yuor HTC Rezound. Since this update is not pushed officially either by OTA or via HTC Sync, you need to apply this update manually.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- Applying this firmware doesn’t need the device to be rooted.
- Just in case if you have already rooted the device then after applying this update the rooting access will be revoked.
Detailed Change Log of ICS Update:
- Lock screen shortcut settings separated from launcher bar shortcuts
- 3G/4G icon displayed prior to entering decryption password
- Hidden menu (*#*#4636#*#*) removed
- Messages application – wrong sender displayed on occasion
- IPv6 solicitation timer value change
- New radios
Please ensure that the phone is left with the minimum charge of 60% battery left in the device so as to just make sure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update. Enable the USB Debugging in your HTC Rezound from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
Procedure to Update HTC Rezound with New ICS 4.0.3 Firmware Update:
- Download the New ICS 3.14.605.5 Package (Alternate Link 1 | Alternate Link 2 | Alternate Link 3) )from here to your computer and once it’s downloaded, you now need to connect your htc rezound to the computer.
- Rename the downloaded zip file to “PH98IMG” and not to “PH98IMG.zip” if you are on Windows based PC. Place the file in the device’s SD Card & Ensure that you are not placing zip package deep into the sub folders.
- Turn Off the device so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode via boot loader mode. To enter the device in the boot loader mode, press Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Please note that just in case if the device boots up in the normal mode, you need to again try entering into the recovery mode.
- In boot loader mode, you need to select the “Recovery” to enter the device in the recovery mode. Now, in the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the file which you have placed in your phone.
- As soon as the device gets back in the recovery mode screen, you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” > “reboot system now” for restarting the device. Now, you will see that the device is successfully updated to the latest ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware which you can check from the path “Settings > About Phone” where 3.14.605.7 version and 4.0.3 firmware will be mentioned.
Note: Just in case if the device doesn’t boot up, then remove the battery, re insert and re follow the above mentioned instructions to apply the update again. Also, don’t forget to restore the backup which you have made in the pre requisites section.
Congratulations, you have now successfully updated the HTC Rezound with the latest 3.14.605.7 version ICS 4.0.3 firmware . Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the same.