Hello HTC Sensation users, you will be glad to hear that an all new and popular version of ICS Android 4.0 release has arrived which is known as the Android Revolution HD 6.2.1 ICS Firmware version. Though this firmware is not an official version of ICS released by HTC, this one is pretty stable and can be used for day to day purpose. All thanks to the creator mike1986. Who has come up with this brilliant ROM. Over a period of this article, we will be discussing about on what are the core features of this custom ROM followed by the screen captures, Pre requisites and then a detailed tutorial on how to apply this custom ROM firmware in your HTC Sensation device.
Note: this update should only be applied to the HTC Sensation devices and not on HTC Sensation XE devices. For HTC Sensation XE devices, we will shortly be coming up with an article on androidadvices. If you apply this firmware on any of the model then you might just brick the device.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Features of Android Revolution HD Custom ICS ROM:
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full Adreno220 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- ROOT (SU + SuperUser Permissions – Thanks to ChainsDD)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- Improved Adreno220 configuration for better quality and performance
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- SD Card speed tweak
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Battery auto-calibration script
- Bloat ware applications removed (Amazon MP3, Sound Hound, etc.)
- All system applications updated to latest available
- Improved camera performance
- Advanced Power Menu and CRT Animation as extra add-ons
- Zip aligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zip align on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life!
- Improved EXT4 performance by changing mounting method
- SD card EXT4 partition support
- Open VPN support
- 4EXT Recovery
- You can replace HTC boot animation with any custom boot animation
- Support almost 24h a day
Let’s proceed to the next page where we have summed up the screen captures and List of Pre Requisites which you need to follow.