How to Update HTC One V with Stable AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
It was last time when we saw on how you can install the latest AOKP based custom ROM firmware in your CDMA edition of HTC One V smart phone and in this article we will be checking out on how you can easily install the latest AOKP which ropes in the Jellybean 4.1 in your device. Please be informed that unfortunately there is no ETA on by when there will be an Official firmware of Jellybean in for HTC One V but as in when it arrives we will come up with the same so that you can manually update the same. Over a period of this tutorial, we will guide you through a series of steps which you will have to follow so that the same can be applied easily.
For applying this update, you need to ensure that your HTC One V smartphone is rooted and to check the same, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Now, assuming that you have rooted your phone, proceed to the next step where we have summed up few express pre requisites. This firmware comes with the Jellybean kernel and the latest Google Apps which comes pre loaded with the Jellybean.
Caution: As mentioned this should only be applied to the GSM version of devices and not to CDMA versions or else it may brick the device.
With the help of below mentioned steps you can back up all the data so that just in a rare case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use HTC Sync for backing up the data as it doesn’t support the custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Minimum battery level should not be less than 30% or else phone will get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. It’s preferred to turn Off or disable all the antivirus suites present in your phone so that it won’t interrupt the process of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentions in this article so as to make sure that the update is applied successfully. We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your phone caused due to not following of instructions.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update in your htc ONE V.
Procedure to Update AOKP Build Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware in HTC ONE V:
- Download the AOKP Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your phone.
- Once placed, disconnect the device and turn off the phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode via the boot loader mode. Press and hold the Volume Down button and press the Power button for turning the device in the boot loader mode and then select to enter the device in the recovery mode. If the device enters in the normal mode, then you will have to again try by following the above steps.
- If ROM Manager is installed in your Android, you can enter into the recovery mode by selecting “Reboot into Recovery mode” in the ROM Manager app which can be found in Google PLAY Store.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the “AOKP Firmware Package” which you placed in the device and then select Google Apps Package.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. As soon as update is applied, select “Go Back” with the help of Volume rocker keys and Press the power button to confirm the same.
Note: Just in a rare case if your HTC One V device doesn’t boot up or say if it refuses to how up the home screen, then Long press the power button to turn it Off and follow all the above instructions again from the start.
Don’t forget to share with us in the comments section on how the overall experience was as we will be more than happy to listen from you. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the firmware of AOKP built of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware in your HTC One V. To check on whether the firmware has been successfully applied or not, you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where it will show the current firmware as Jellybean 4.1.1 AOKP built.