Procedure to Update HTC One S with Trick Droid Custom ROM firmware:
- Download the trick droid custom ROM firmware package and Google Apps from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your phone.
- Once you have placed the zip files, disconnect the device from computer and turn off the phone from computer and turn off your HTC One S so that it can be entered in the recovery mode via the boot loader mode.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and press the Power button for turning the device in the boot loader mode and then select to enter the device in the recovery mode. If the device enters in the normal mode, then you will have to again try by following the above steps. You can also enter your HTC One S directly in the recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the “Trick Droid Custom ROM firmware package” which you placed in the device and then select Google Apps Package.
- It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update and 4 -5 minutes for rebooting the device. Please note that it may take longer time too for booting the device as it will be the first reboot after applying the update.
Note: Just in a rare case if your HTC One S device doesn’t boot up or say if it refuses to how up the home screen, then Long press the power button to turn it Off and follow all the above instructions again from the start.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of Trick Droid Custom ROM firmware update in your HTC One S which can be checked from the path “Settings > About Phone”. Do let us know in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update process. Also, we will keep you posted about the upcoming custom ROM firmwares for HTC One S smartphone.
Pages: 1 2