When it comes to the Ice Cream SANDWICH Android 4.0 Firmware version, HTC seems to have completely forgotten about its one of the popular handset named as “Thunderbolt 4G”. Neither respected developers nor we have forgotten about this device and so does we are here with this update of an all new custom ROM firmware which we will be discussing in the due course of this article. Please note that this is not an official firmware released by HTC and also we don’t have an exact ETA on by when there will be an official update released. This all new update is based on the Sense 3.5 and is dubbed as the Eternity Custom ROM firmware. This custom ROM firmware is not an ICS Android 4.0 firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
There are some pre requisites you need to follow which we will be talking about in this article along with the detailed tutorial on how to apply the update.
Features of Custom ROM:
- FULL BEATS AUDIO with crackle free codec
- ROOT (SU + SuperUser Permissions – Thanks to ChainsDD)
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- Full HTC Sense 3.5 Interface
- Fully Optimized and Tweaked
- SD Card speed tweak
- Battery auto-calibration script (Thanks to seo)
- Bloatware applications removed
- Signature check hack by RC Team
- Transparent notif pulldown
- Transparent app drawer
- Disabled scroll by page in app drawer
- Stock % battery display
- CRT TV screen on/off animation
- 5-in-1 reboot menu
- DSP manager (thanks cyanogen)
- ipv6 privacy enhancement (rfc4941)
- Fully working camera (Thanks Bamf)
- Lots of build prop enhancements (Thanks Mike1986 Leadroid and Romanbb)
- Quciklaunch widget updated (thx liamstears bigt305)
- Tweaks text corrected
- quicksettings reboot fix
- secure sms readded
- adobereader fixed
- autowipe removed
- reboot after flash removed, for rom cleaner support
- status bar transparency added to tweaks, different levels
- Tweaks – Volume Key Screen On
- Tweaks – 5×5 Appdrawer
- Tweaks – Hide Navbar Text
- Ensure that your device is rooted and the boot loader in unlocked in your HTC Thunderbolt.
- In the process of applying this custom ROM Firmware update, all the data present in your phone will get erased or corrupted. So, you need to back up all the data with the help of below mentioned tips ONLY as HTC Sync won’t be supporting your device after the update since it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your HTC Thunderbolt. You can enable the same from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
Once you have followed all the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up the detailed tutorial on how to apply this custom ROM firmware update.