How to Update HTC Wildfire S with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
HTC Wildfire S smartphone users who are waiting to upgrade their devices with the latest Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware update, then we are here to guide you with the same. In the due course of this article we will not just be checking on the feature list of CM 10 for Wildfire S but also we have summed up with the bugs which it has. Since this firmware is still in the beta builds there will be some bugs which will be addressed in the coming updates.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Features of CM 10 for HTC Wildfire S:
- OTA updates to the latest build using goo manager
- Latest CM10 features including..
- Theme manager
- Lock screen shortcuts and weather
- Notification bar toggles
Bugs in CM 10 for HTC Wildfire S:
- Any bugs that CM9 has
- Widgets on the launcher are too big, and hang off the bottom and into the dock (issue with Googles stuff. This’ll be fixed by CM in trebuchet)
- Apps that use the text to speech lib, including the entire Google now app don’t work
- Audio doesn’t play through headphones and the phone speaker doesn’t work
- Video playback doesn’t work
- SD card fails for certain things (permissions?)
- Camera doesn’t work (that’s why the app hides from the drawer)
- Automatic brightness doesn’t work (automatic brightness overlay)
All the data in your HTC Wildfire S should be backed up so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use HTC Sync to back up the data as it will not detect the custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your device as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update. From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you need to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Also, you need to ensure that the minimum battery charge left in your phone is not less than 40% or else the phone may get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
So once you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply the Cyanogen mod 10 firmware update in your HTC Wildfire S.