How to Update HTC Wildfire S with Wildchild Custom ROM Firmware
Wildchild team comes with a new custom ROM firmware for HTC Wildfire S. It was just yesterday on when we came up with an article which will help you to install the custom recovery and root the device, in this article we will be checking out on how you can install this custom ROM firmware. In the due course we will be checking out on what are the features which come along with this firmware update along with the detailed list of apps which come in this firmware. Please note that this is not an Official firmware update released by HTC. In the coming days we will be coming out with many more custom ROM firmwares. Full credits to the XDA recognized developer Tigger31337 for coming up with this custom ROM firmware.
Features & Apps:
- WildChild themed (hope ya like blue!)
- Einstein Frat’s latest “Cake” (v1.4) over-clocked kernel
- De-Odex’ed ROM (with an Odex version coming very, very soon!)
- Extra alarm & notification sounds
- a2sd support (with Link2SD bundled… go nuts.)
- Wake screen with volume rocker
- CRT animation on/off
- Removed the Google Market updater (will provide it as an Add-On, if users wish it)
- Adobe Flash player
- Barcode Scanner
- Terminal Emulator
- AnEq Equalizer
- NoFrills CPU
- Partitions Info Lite
- ScreenFilter (for making your screen ultra-dark)
- Startup Auditor
- WiFi Manager
- Wifi Tracker
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Before proceeding, download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not as this firmware only can be updated on the rooted devices. You can download the One Click Tool to root and install the custom Recovery image in your HTC Wildfire S. Please note that once you root the device, the warranty will get void. To restore the warranty, you will have to unroot the device.
- Don’t use HTC Sync to back up all the data so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps manually. Please note that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you need to enable the USB Debugging option. Also, disable all the security suites installed in your device as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update. Minimum battery charge left in the device should be > 50% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned pre requisites, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.