How to Update HTC One XL with ICS Clean ROM Custom ROM Firmware
HTC One XL smartphone users can now make use of one of the best custom ROM firmwares which is dubbed as Clean ROM 3.1 Custom ROM Firmware. With an awesome Neon based themes and ultra smooth over user interface, you can now actually feel the difference between this firmware and this custom ROM firmware. Please be informed that this firmware is not an Official firmware released by HTC and also, this firmware can be applied on Telstra One XL smartphone too. But before you apply this custom ROM firmware, you need to ensure that the Telstra device should be unlocked. If you apply this update on Telstra device, then the device may even get bricked.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It is very unlikely that there will be any issues to the device as we are committed to help you out with the same.
In the process of this article, we will be checking out on what are the detailed pre requisites you need to follow along with the features, screen captures and last but not the least, the guide to apply this firmware update.
- Conservatively overclocked to 1.75GHZ by default. Can be changed to stock values.
- No HTC Memory management “enhancements”
- Linkify Removed!
- Extreme AT&T App de-bloating!
- Performance and Bttery Tweaks
- Hacked Hotspot! (Optional)
- Extended Quick Settings
- Advanced Power Menu
- Button Remap Mod
- Percent Battery Mod (Optional)
- No AT&T WiFi in Wifi Settings or Status Bar!
- AT&T Voice Mail
- FM Radio
- ES File Explorer
- No Boot Sound
- Busy box
- Zip Aligned
- Smooth Dithered Background
- init.d scripting
- Apps that can be uninstalled: Facebook, Twitter, Visual Voicemail, ES File Explorer, Fast Reboot
- In the process of applying this update, the data may encounter the data loss. So, to avoid from the same it’s recommended to back up all the data with the help of below mentioned manual steps. Ensure that you are not using the HTC Sync to back up the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, minimum battery level should be 60% so as to make sure that the battery doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- The S-Off should be gained in your HTC One X and also it’s important that you have rooted HTC One X as this firmware can only be applied on the rooted devices.
So once you have followed all the essential pre requisites mentioned above, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this custom ROM firmware update.