Enhancements in the Gingerbread 2.3.2 Release:
- Apart from an all new user interface, you can now experience the goodness of the other important features like the Apps2SD feature with which you can transfer all your applications right from your phone to the SD card.
- This version of the firmware also comes with the Surface dithering capability with which you can enjoy the benefit of comp cache settings, VM heap settings and also you can swipe to clear all the settings which are chosen by you.
- Apart from the above two main things, some of the users reported that phone hangs a lot due to RAM utilization. This too has been sorted out in this firmware as the default RAM allocation is now optimized than before with which you can experience the better management of applications.
- After updating with this firmware you can even get other settings like Tablet tweaks, side status bar for adjusting the brightness of the screen and also an option to disable the wallpaper wherein the wallpaper will be disabled.
Pre Upgrade instructions:
- So, first up before proceeding to update, you need to ensure that you have synced all your contacts with your Google Account, all sms, applications, videos and music files which are there in your phone should be taken a backup or else the data will be lost. Anything which is in SD card will not be lost, so you can alternatively move to SD Card.
- Next up remove the SIM card as well as the external SD cards if any in your phone, just to make sure that in an unlikely event the data in it doesn’t get corrupted,
- Additionally, ensure that your phone has at least more than 50% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updating of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum,
- Ensure that your computer / laptop which runs on a XP, Vista or Windows 7 OS the firewall and other antivirus programs are disabled and also you should have admin privileges to download and install the software including the drivers and also along with this you will be requiring the USB port on your computer which supports USB 2.0.
- (Optional) Many of the Huawei Ascend users have reported the problem that they are unable to get into the recovery mode which is the top most necessity for updating your device, so just in case if your device is unable to get into the recovery mode then this update as of now can’t be applied.