LG G2 Android smartphone users can now install the latest version of Kitkat 4.4 firmware with enhanced benefits along with the state of the art features. While LG G2 no doubt is one of the prime smartphones, you can now even make the most of the same with the help of a custom ROM which we will be checking out in the due course of this article. After checking out on what are the quick pre requisites mentioned below, we will be checking out on what is the procedure with which you can upgrade the OS.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the LG PC Suite.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your LG G2 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- As this is the custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that your device is rooted. Download “Root Checker” app in your device to check on whether your phone is rooted or not. After this, you need to install the custom Recovery image from the ROM Manager app.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your LG G2 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update LG G2 with Kitkat 4.4 Firmware :
- Download Custom ROM Firmware Package from here to your computer along with the Modified Boot image and Super SU access file. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and place the 3 zip files in your phone.
- Now, you need to enter your phone in the recovery mode. Boot your device in the recovery mode and then select the option of “Mount” option and then select “System” to install the placed KK_d802.zip file.
- Up next, you will have to select the “Mount” option and then make sure that the System is checked. Flash the Update-SuperSU-v193.zip file.
- The whole process will take around 3 -4 minutes. After this, select “Wipe > Advanced Wipe” select “Wipe Data”.
- Once done, select “go back” and choose the option of “reboot in normal mode” for rebooting the device normally. Please note that it may sometime take more than 4 -5 minutes for rebooting the device in the normal mode. Once the firmware is updated successfully, it will load all required services in the device.
- To check on whether the firmware is update or not, you need to head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware will be mentioned as Kitkat 4.4 firmware.
Note: If at all your LG G2 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. We will very soon come up with many new custom ROM firmwares for your LG G2 Android phone based on Kitkat 4.4 OS.