Having an LG G3 Android smartphone? Here comes a detailed guide which will help you update the device. This new update of Android 5.0 comes with the much needed new UI along with the new APIs as well which apps have started making use of. Just in case if you are already on the custom ROM firmware, then you can easily update with this firmware as you won’t be receiving the OTA update of Android 5.0 on the rooted devices. So let’s check out on how you can apply this firmware update with the detailed guide after checking out the list of quick pre requisites which are mentioned below. Please note that this new update can only be applied on the D855 variant and not on any other devices.
Note: We should not be hold responsible / liable in any manner for the damage caused to the device due to not following procedure mentioned in this article.
- Backup all the data in your LG G3 device manually with the help of below mentioned steps and not with any other automated tools.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure that your device has 50% battery life and enable USB Debugging Mode which can be enabled from the Settings.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have detailed the procedure which will help you update the device.
Procedure to update LG G3 with Lollipop 5.0 Android OS:
- Make sure that you have rooted your LG G3. Rooting status can be checked from “Root CHECKER” app and can be downloaded from Google PLAY Store. Make sure that you have installed the Bumped TWRP recovery in your LG G3. We are assuming that your computer is installed with the ADB and fastboot.
- Download LG G3 Lollipop 5.0 Android OS Zip Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded connect your LG G3 Android device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and once done, you need to download the LG_G3_D855_Stock_20C_Bumped_Fixed.zip file in your computer and place the same in your device. Open command prompt in your computer and enter the below mentioned command in the command prompt;
Adb reboot recovery
- In recovery mode, you need to select “Wipe > Advanced Wipe” and then also clear the dalvik cache. Now, tap on “install from sd card” to select the “LG_G3_D855_Stock_20C_Bumped_Fixed.zip” which you have placed in your device.
Note: Just in case if your device gets in the boot loop mode or for gets stuck, all you need to do is to just repeat the above process by rebooting the device which can be done by long pressing the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. Very soon we will be coming out with the article which will help you root the device on this firmware.