How to Update LG Lucid Officially to Disable Enhanced Caller Name ID App
Lucid, one of the newest smart phones from the house of LG gets an update just days after getting launched. Though this update is a very minor, its quite an important one as in this update, the enhanced caller ID application has been disabled as this one consumed lot more RAM than expected. So, if you are the one who has purchased this smartphone then we will guide you to the glory with a simple tutorial in the due course of this article. Please note that this update is officially pushed by Verizon Wireless and LG and is not a beta firmware version. The size of the update file is just a mere 9.5 MB.
Rooting Information: Applying this firmware update will not root the device in any manner and also just in case if you device is rooted, the rooting access will be revoked. Just in case if you wish to root the device, we will soon come up with an article to root the Motorola Xoom.
Though LG hasn’t issues any advisory but there are chances that the data in the device may get erased or corrupted, so with the help of below mentioned steps you can easily apply the update.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 80% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. (If you don’t follow this step then the chances are more that your phone may get DEAD for which we should not be responsible).
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your LG Lucid from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below image.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply the update.
Procedure to Update LG Lucid with the latest Official Firmware:
There are two methods with which you can apply this update which are the OTA user initiated and OTA Server initiated.
OTA User Initiated:
First up you need to navigate to the path Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates after which you will get an update notification as mentioned below.
- Now, you will have to tap on the option of “Begin Download” after whciht he update will first be downloaded and then once its successfully downloaded, you will be prompted to select “Apply update” option as shown below.
Now, you will see that the device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap on OK to confirm the same.
OTA Server initiated:
- Just in case if you had not got an update as shown in the above procedure, you then need to wait for an update notification to arrive in your LG Lucid. Once a new software version is available for your device, it will begin downloading in the background.
- Once the download is complete, you will be notified that it is ready to be installed. Tap Apply Update.
- The LG Lucid will now power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap on OK to confirm the same.
- Just in case to check whether the firmware has been successfully applied or not you can check the same from the path, Home screen > Menu > Settings > About phone.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start. Also, additionally, don’t forget to restore the backup which you did in your device.
So there you go, you have successfully applied the update in your LG Lucid. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.