Update LG Optimus GT 540 to Android 2.1 Eclair
Finally, LG Optimus GT 540 receives the latest firmware upgrade update of Eclair (2.1), till now it was running on Android’s donut 1.6 version. So first and foremost question you may ask is what’s new in the latest version, in the latest version of Eclair there are flurry of whole new list of goodies like multiple accounts support, a separate contacts interface, HTML 5 support now comes bundled in the browser, Microsoft exchange support, Live Wall papers support and also Bluetooth 2.1 support.
There are few important instructions you should read carefully before we proceed on how to update your LG Optimus GT 540 device.
- Please back up your data which is there in your device before proceeding to update as user data is set to erase after Eclair 2.1 update.
- Also the applications downloaded from the Android Market place too will be erased but the one’s which are stored on SD card will remain including other data which is stored on SD card. So for the applications which are stored in your phone, you can back up by following a simple procedure as shown below:
- Most importantly, once you upgrade your device to the latest 2.1, you can’t go back to earlier version of 1.6 due to lack of back support.
Let’s proceed to the procedure to download and install the latest Eclair update on your LG Optimus GT 540.
- First you will need to download the OS upgrade program which is LG Mobile Support Tool by clicking on the “Program Download” icon below.
- Since this upgrade will also require the latest USB drivers, you will also be needing the same to download. Click on the “USB Driver download” icon below to download the drivers.
- Now after downloading Program and USB driver from above links, connect your LG Optimus GT 540 Mobile device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- As soon as you connect your LG Optimus device to PC or laptop a new screen will be appearing as shown below, all you will have to do is to just click on ” Start updating”.
- Now, click on “Analysis” to proceed.
- After clicking on “Analysis”, its now time to click on “download” the necessary update from web.
- As soon as Downloading completes, click on “Update” and the device will be updated with the latest updates which is nothing but to Eclair.
- Now, after the update sequence gets finished you will see a screen reading LG Mobile Phone Software update completed, which means that your phone now has been successfully updated with the latest version of Eclair from earlier’s donut.
Now, i know you will be very excited to check out the new update on your phone, lets go through a simple pictorial procedure as shown below for restoring all the applications which you have backed up before installing the update for you device.
So, now you have successfully updated your LG Optimus GT 540 with the latest Eclair 2.1 update with all necessary back ups and restoration. So don’t forget to share the likes and dislikes of the latest Eclair 2.1 update with us. Hoping that Life’s Good after the latest update