How to Update LG Optimus S LS670 with Official Gingerbread 2.3 Firmware
LG Optimus S smartphone powered by Sprint can now be updated with the latest Gingerbread 2.3 firmware version. In the due course of this article we will be checking out the same with the help of a simple tutorial. Also, we have jotted down the list of detailed list of pre requisites followed by which we will be checking out a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update in the next page. Also, we will be checking out on what are the enhancements which come with this in this update in the enhancements section. Please note that this is the Official Update released by LG Electronics and not any beta or leaked release. This update will be rolled out slowly to all the devices.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor LG Electronics should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Enhancements in Gingerbread 2.3 for LG Optimus S:
- Device not charging has been fixed,
- SD card unmounting error is now resolved
- Device not recognized by Windows SP, Vista, or 7 operating systems too has been addressed,
- Predictive text with Android keyboard issue is fixed,
- Voice call volume issue now stands solved
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS upgrade
– Updated color scheme (includes darker notification bar and black-based menus)
– New on-screen keyboard (supports multi-touch input and a smart auto-correction function
– Improved cut-paste functionality
– New integrated download application for ease in accessing downloaded files
– Updated camera application
– Power management and task killer applications
Compulsory Pre Requisites:
- We recommend you to back up all the data present in your device with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it will not support the phone after this update snce it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 80% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. (If you don’t follow this step then the chances are more that your phone may get DEAD for which we should not be responsible).
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed article on how to apply the firmware update with a detailed tutorial.