How to Update LG Optimus LTE P930 with Official Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
World’s First HD Display LTE Super Phone, LG Optimus LTE P930 can now be updated with the latest firmware of Cyanogen mod 9 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware, all thanks to Cyanogen Mod team for coming up with this update. Please note that this update is not an Official update released by LG Electronics and also we have no ETA on by when there will be an Official update of ICS 4.0.3 Firmware. Please note that since this update is a Nightly build, there will be some bugs which will be sorted out in the coming builds.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Note: This article should be only applied to the phones which are dubbed as LG Optimus LTE P930 and not to any similar handsets. If this update is applied to any other phone then it may brick the device.
Rooting Information: Please be informed, once this procedure is applied the warranty will get void. The only way with which you can reclaim the lost warranty is by re locking the boot loader again for which we will try to come up with an article on androidadvices.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Before proceeding you need to ensure that the LG Optimus LTE P930 smartphone is rooted and also the Clock Work Mod recovery is installed in your phone.
- All the data present in your LG Optimus LTE should be backed up so that just in case if any data is lost or corrupted, the same can be easily restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use any PC Suite to back up the data, as it will not recognize the device after the update since it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your SONY Ericsson Xperia Neo from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions carefully, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.