How To Update LG Optimus One P500 with Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware
For all those who wanted to customize their LG Optimus One P500 device then we will help you to do the same. It was just in the last article about LG Optimus One P500 we saw on how you can root the phone and also install the Clock Work Mod Recovery and now we will make use of the same to install the Custom ROMs. The biggest challenge as of now generally which is faced by the users of custom ROM firmware users are that if they don’t backup their original firmware then users tend to get into trouble, so you need to back up the current default firmware which we will see on how to do the same.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your LG Optimus One P500 which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully which are mentioned in this article.
Special Note: After applying this update, you will not be able to make use of LG PC Suite for updating the device, but if you go back to your original firmware which too we will see in this article then you can connect with the PC Suite. Also, since it’s an unofficial build there will be some bugs which may be encountered, so you need to ensure that you report the same in the comments section so that we can then mention to the ROM developer “andy572” who is the developer of this spectacular looking ROM and we really grateful to the developer. Let’s check out on what are the feature sets this Custom ROM comes along with.
Features / Changes in Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware Version:
- Gallery 3D App now works perfectly,
- Light text color bug has been fixed,
- Pinch to Zoom feature working absolutely fine,
- Expanded Status Bar fixed,
- Wi Fi works perfectly,
- New Lock screen implemented,
- GPS now works even indoors,
- Contact import from sim card now possible,
- Network provider search fixed,
- Ice Cream Sandwich Styled Welcome screen,
- Crash in Contacts (Force Close) has been fixed,
Few known Bugs:
- By default No Ringtone is chosen, you need to choose the same from the Settings,
- FM Radio Scanning has issues and USB / Wi Fi Tethering still has bugs,
- Airplane-, Vibrate modes and audio volume settings change gets not detected in expanded status bar view toggles,
- ROM Works only with Clock Work MOD recovery and with Old base bands.
So, these were the known bugs and enhancements which are there in this firmware, now let’s proceed to the next page where we will see on the screen captures of on how exactly this looks like followed by the list of pre requisites need to be followed.