How To Update LG Optimus One P500 with Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware
Procedure to update LG Optimus One P500 with Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware:
- Before proceeding, download the LG Optimus One P500 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Package from here to your computer. After this, connect the phone to the computer using the USB Cable which you got at the time of purchase. Note that after downloading the same in your computer you should not unzip the same or modify / rename the files or else there is a high probability that you may end up with issues in updating as the file may not be recognized.
- After this you need to follow the instructions which are mentioned below so that you can root and install the Custom Recovery image in your LG Optimus One P500. Without following the instructions which are mentioned in the below link, its not recommended to proceed to the next step.
- After this you need to remove the connected USB cable and then download the ROM Manager application from the Android Market Place or from Android Apps Labs and install the same.
- Open the ROM Manager and you will find an option called “Backup and Restore” and then choose “Backup Current ROM” after which the image of the current firmware will be backed up and then proceed to the next step.
- Once the ROM is backed up, you now need to proceed to turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode in the LG Optimus One P500 can be entered by pressing the “Volume Down + menu Key and then simultaneously press the Power button to turn ON the device in the Recovery mode”. Please note that if the device boots in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the recovery mode.
- Now, once you get into the recovery mode you will then need to proceed to clear the cache which is there in your phone. One can clear the cache by selecting the option of “Wipe” or “Wipe Cache Data”. Once you do the same you will again land up on the recovery mode screen after clearing the cache.
- After this with the help of Volume buttons, select the option of “Flash Zip from sd card” by pressing the Power button and select the file which is named as “LGOptimusONE_P500_2.3.4.zip”.
- Once you select this file, you will see that the process of firmware update will be commenced and after around less than 5 minutes the process will be finished.
- Once the firmware is applied successfully, you will either see that device will be restarted automatically or will again land up in the recovery mode page itself. If you again come back to the Recovery page, you need to select either “Power Off” or can select “reboot system now” as per the options which you can see on the screen. If you have chosen the “Power off” then you need to turn the device ON after that manually by pressing the Power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied this latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.4 version in your phone. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest.