How to Update LG Optimus One P500 with ICS 4.0.4 Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware
LG Optimus One P500 smartphone users can now rejoice as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install the latest firmware of latest ICS based Cyanogen mod 4.0.4 firmware in your device. Please be informed that this is the custom ROM firmware and not the Official firmware released by LG Electronics. This all new custom ROM firmware which is developed on the Cyanogen Mod ROM platform ropes in all the goodness of not just visual changes but also comes with many other features like app2SD, added applications and also all the apps are updated till June, 07, 2012.
Please note that you will have to make sure that you follow all the pre requisites mentioned in this article so to facilitate smoother firmware update. To apply this firmware, you need to ensure that your phone is rooted and is installed with the custom recovery image which is the prime pre requisite. Since this firmware is still in the beta stages, there will be some issues, but there will be many more new updates and stability fixes which will fix all the issues.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of applying this rooting process in your device. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in procedure.
Caution: This update should be strictly applied to the UNLOCKED Optimus One P500 devices and not on to the network locked devices.
- Functional camera (preview, taking photo, recording video, no panorama)
- Full H/W acceleration with new adreno drivers, 3D modelling (yamato)
- Tethering & Hotspot (Bluetooth, USB and Wi-Fi tethering)
- Usb Mass storage, Usb debugging
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BT headset (music only)
- Funny SIM (128k USIMs)
- Calls, SMS, MMS, 3G/2G, Mobile data
- Data limit, IPv4, IPv6
- Stereo audio, headset
- GPS, Sensors, Lights, Touch screen
- Off-mode charging
- Browser, GMail, GPlay
- Youtube LQ/MQ
- FM Radio: not implemented in CM yet, use Spirit FM
What doesn’t work:
- Everything works
- Don’t report CM bugs!
- Fix wi-fi tethering
- Fix deep sleep (guilty: bluetooth)
- Get rid of init logo
- New boot animation which is only 200KB
- CM9 Lock screen calendar
- CM9 New screen on/off animation
- Allow interfaces to get IPv6 address when tethering is enabled
- Fix BT tether IP renew issue
- Recent LCD Patch which saves power
- All the data in your LG Optimus P500 phone should be backed up manually with below mentioned instructions to ensure that just in case if the data gets corrupted or gets wiped, you can easily restore the same with the help of below steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- You need to have at least have one custom recovery installed in your phone (Amonra or CWM). Hold down VOL DOWN + HOME + POWER keys to enter LG Optimus One P500 recovery mode and clear all the data by clearing and wiping the same.
- Now in the recovery mode, select the partition SD Card option – swap-size: 64MB, Ext2-size: 300MB, Continue partitioning, SD:ext2 to ext3.
- Also, enable the USB – MS toggle in your device. V20G firmware should be installed in your device before you proceed to apply this update.
- Up next charge in your battery should be a minimum of 60% so as to make sure that it doesn’t turn Off in the middle of firmware update. Enable the USB Debugging in your device from the Development tools section in Settings so as to connect your device with the computer.
- Also, disable all the security suites present in your phone as these tools interrupt the process of update.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, it’s now time to proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this update of ICS in your LG Optimus One P500.