With the Moto E Android smartphone can now be installed with the latest Cyanogen Mod 11 based custom ROM firmware which ropes in the much needed newness. Recently we saw on how to root Moto E android device an also we saw on how to unlock the boot loader of your Moto E Android device. After checking out on what are the list of quick pre requisites, we will check out in detail on how to apply this custom ROM firmware in your device. Before proceeding, let’s glance through the highlight features of this all new features which come along with this firmware. The update brings in the Kitkat 4.4.4 update dubbed as Beanstalk firmware which is based on the Cyanogen Mod 11 firmware.
- Lock screen customizations,
- Slider shortcuts,
- Dual Pane Options
- Battery display options which includes the styles, icons and font types,
- Do not disturb option,
- Shown notification count feature,
- Custom Bean stalk wallpapers,
- Custom Boot animation options,
- Customizable navigation bar,
- Quick settings color options,
- Clock widget for Lock Clock including extra options to fully customize
- Super user quick access from Settings,
- Pie control based lock screen,
- Status bar can be customized,
- High end graphic effects option,
- Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
- Customized clock and date options
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Backup all your data in your Moto E device which includes SMS, Call Log, Internet settings etc. by using necessary apps like SMS Backup & Restore, Call Log and Restore etc.
- Making sure that your Moto E is left with the minimum of 50% battery life, enable the USB Debugging in your device from Settings.
Procedure to Update Moto E with Cyanogen Mod 11 Kitkat 4.4.4 Firmware Update:
- Making sure that Moto E is rooted which can be checked with the “Root Checker” app. Once rooted, download the firmware zip file and google apps package.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the 2 downloaded zip files in your device.
- Disconnect the device from computer and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Press Volume Up + Volume Down and then holding these two buttons, you need to press the power button so that the boot loader mode can be entered. In the boot loader mode, you need to select the option of “enter into recovery mode” for entering the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode after Wiping all the data and Clearing the cache, select “install zip from sd card” to choose the firmware zip file first and then followed by the Google apps package which you have earlier placed in your device.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Once the update is applied successfully, you now need to wait for the device to get configured. It will re install all the apps which are there in your device and also you will need to restore the backup of all the data in your device.
Note: If at all your Moto E gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.