Complete List of Features:
New User Interface
|Look and Feel||Updated colors, font, icons, and animations. Added adjustable text size.|
|Lockscreen||Enhanced lockscreen to include quick access to dialer, text messaging, camera, and homescreen.|
|Folders||Added new homescreen folders that let users group apps and shortcuts by dragging one onto another.|
|All Apps Screen||Updated All Apps screen to include access to both Apps and Widgets.|
|Notifications||Enhanced notifications window to include access to settings menu and new swipe to dismiss functionality for individual notifications.|
|Settings||Created a reorganized and easier to navigate settingsmenu, including toggles for airplane mode, Wi-Fi, andBluetooth®.|
|Keyboard||Redesigned keyboard for faster input with improved error correction and word suggestion.|
|Enhanced Email app with address auto-completion, quick response emails, and searching across folders and subfolders.|
|Camera||Improved the camera with time-lapse video, snapshotsduring video recording, ability to use volume keys as shutter button, updated zoom control look and feel, and flash-assisted low light focus.|
|Voice Action||Upgraded voice input engine to allow for continuous dictation, pausing, and inclusion of punctuation.|
|Webtop||Updated webtop interface to an Android 4.0 tablet-like experience with key apps optimized for the resolution and screen size of external monitors.|
|New andUpdated Apps||Added latest versions of AT&T apps, Pre Loaded apps and Google apps.|
|SMARTACTIONS™||Added SMARTACTIONS™ app that intelligently automates routine, everyday tasks and suggests ways to personalize your phone and make your life easier. This app can help you extend your battery life and do things like automatically send a text to certain missed callers.|
|Face Unlock||Added facial recognition technology for a new way to unlock the user’s phone.|
|People App||Replaced the contacts app with the new People app, which includes larger pictures and rich profile information.|
|Screenshot||Added capability to take screenshots by holding both|
Procedure to Update Motorola Atrix 2 with latest ICS Official Firmware Update:
- To get started, ensure that you have the Wi Fi connectivity as the update file will have to be downloaded.
- Once you have turned ON the Wi Fi, within few minutes you should receive a pop up mentioning about the update. Once the update is downloaded, you will have to select the option of “Download” and then select the option of “install now”. Once the software is downloaded and installed you will see that the phone will be rebooted.
- Once the device is rebooted, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” to check on whether the phone is updated to the 67.21.125.MB865.ATT.en.US software version or not.
- Now, just in case if you haven’t received the update notification despite keeping the Wi Fi ON, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” and select “System Updates” after which you will get the update availability which will be checked for around a minute.
- Now, it will show an update notification where in you will have to select “Download” and then select “install” from the menu and after the software is installed, the phone will re-start automatically to the 67.21.125.MB865.ATT.en.US software version.
Tip: If your Motorola Atrix 2 doesn’t power up or say it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to re insert the battery and then re try the process of firmware update by following the above steps.
We will soon try to come up with the manual update which will help you to install this update just in case if you are unable to get the update manually. In the coming days we will also be coming out with the rooting procedures as well as the custom ROM firmwares in addition to the new updates rolled out by Samsung Officially only on Android Advices.