Surprise for Motorola Droid Pro arrives as in the due course of this article we will be checking out in detail on how you can easily update with the official update of Motorola Droid Pro device. The best part is that this is an official update and not the beta or custom ROM firmware. This update is the Gingerbread 2.3 update and is dubbed as 4.7.3.XT610. Over a period of this article we will also check out on what are the enhancements which come along with this firmware update. The whole process of applying the update won’t take more than 20 minutes.
Improvements in Motorola Droid Pro 4.7.3.XT610 Update:
- Improved security with Digi Notar security patch.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Device will no longer lockup or reset after an Over the Air update.
- Device will no longer automatically power on after it has been powered off.
- Pressing the spacebar key will no longer cause the device to lockup.
- Improvements to keyboard backlighting.
- Smart Forwarding will no longer cause forwarded messages to remain in the Outbox
- VZ Navigator is now updated to version 22.214.171.1241
- V CAST Apps is now updated to version 2.00.54.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- There is a possibility that the data present in your phone may get lost or corrupted, so it’s better that you backup all possible data by following the below mentioned instructions so that you can restore the data safely if any is lost / corrupted.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Charge left in your device should be a minimum of 70% so that your phone doesn’t give up in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB debugging in your HTC One S phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
Turn Off all the antivirus as well as Firewall tools in your computer as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
Assuming that you have followed all the instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up all the detailed article on how to apply this update.