How to Update Motorola Xoom Wi Fi Edition Tablet with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
Motorola Xoom Wi Fi gets an all new firmware update which is dubbed as ICS 4.0.4, it was the last time when the news came in about this update but in this article we will be checking out on how you can easily update with this manually. So, just in case if you still haven’t got an update officially, you can make use of this article to update with the same. We are also hearing that very soon there will be an all new update of ICS 4.0.5 for Motorola Xoom which too will be made available on androidadvices.com.
Rooting Information: Applying this firmware update will not root the device in any manner and also just in case if you device is rooted, the rooting access will be revoked. Just in case if you wish to root the device, we will soon come up with an article to root the Motorola Xoom. Applying this update won’t require you to root the device.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Caution: This update should be strictly applied to the Motorola Xoom Wi Fi tablet only and not to any other device or else it will brick the tablet.
Express Pre Requisites:
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 70% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Motorola Xoom from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Also, Download the ICS 4.0.4 ICS Package from here to your computer as in the due course we will check out on how to make use of the same.
Let’s head to the next page where we will be checking out on how to apply the ICS 4.0.4 firmware in your Motorola Xoom with a simple tutorial.