LG Nexus 4 Smartphone can now be updated with the latest Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Firmware manually. Though, Google has pushed an update to address issues related to modem and WiFi issues, this update still hasn’t reached to all the countries and just in case if you hate to wait then you can manual update the Jellybean 4.2.2 JDQ39 easily with the help of a detailed tutorial which we will be checking out in the due course of this article. Please note that this is the Official firmware of Jellybean released by Google and not the custom ROM firmware. This update should only be applied on unlocked devices of Google Nexus 4.
Before we proceed to the detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update, you will need to make sure that you have followed the list of pre requisites which are mentioned below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
Always create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Also, you need to manually backup the Notes as well as tjis will be lost once you update the device.
Note: Don’t backup the data with the help of PC Suite or ROM Manager as it not recommended by us.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your LG Nexus 4 and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
So, once you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can proceed with the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Nexus 4 with Jellybean 4.2.2 JDQ39 Firmware Manually:
- Download Jellybean 4.2.2 JDQ39 Firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, Make sure that you have placed the Zip package in the Fastboot folder in your computer or else the file won’t be detected in the device.
- Once copied, disconnect the device and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode via Boot loader mode. You can alternatively enter the device in the Recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app if your device is rooted.
- Hold down the Volume Down button and then press the power button to enter the device in the Fastboot Mode. Once you see the fastboot mode, you will then need to hold down the Power button and press the Volume Up button to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- Now, you need to make sure that ADB is installed in your computer. In your phone, select “apply update from adb” and connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and open the command prompt in your computer to enter the command as;
adb sideload de8b8d101614.signed-occam-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.de8b8d10.zip
- After selecting you need to wait for 3 -4 minutes so that the update will be finished. With the help of progress bar you can check the progress of firmware update, and once done the device will be restarted.
- Once the firmware update is completed, you need to disconnect the device. To check on whether the device is updated or not, disconnect the device from computer and then head over to the path “Settings > About Tablet” where you will get to see the firmware version as Jellybean 4.2.2 JDQ39.
Note: If your Nexus 4 refuses to boot up, then you will need to long press on the Power button for rebooting the device in the normal mode or in the recovery mode for repeating the whole above mentioned process.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. So, there you go, you have successfully learnt on “how to update LG Nexus 4 with jellybean 4.2.2 JDQ39 Firmware”, very soon NEXUS 4 will receive Key Lime Pie Android 5.0 update.