After the recent update for the Google Nexus S 4G in the form of Gingerbread 2.3.7, it’s now time to take out your Google Nexus One for updating it to the Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware version. This all new firmware is dubbed as Gingerbread 2.3.6 with the version number as GRK39F. Also, additionally you can update your phone easily from the version of Gingerbread 2.3.4 GRJ22 which we saw last time on how you can update with the same.
Please note that since it’s an Official version, after updating with this version of firmware you will not be in any manner will be losing the warranty. Also, additionally ensure that you have followed the quick list of Pre Requisite instructions which are mentioned in the next page. Also, please note that this update can only be applied by all those who are on the current version of firmware which is Gingerbread 2.3.4 GRJ22. If you are on any other update then first you will have to move to this Gingerbread 2.3.4 GRJ22 version and then only you can apply this update.
For your convenience, we have splitted this article into different pages and also over a period of time we will see on what are the enhancements which come along with this firmware update, pre requisites which you need to follow before proceeding for the update and also then after that we will see on how you can apply this update on your phone. Since its an official update there is no way that you will be losing the warranty.
Positive Improvements after the update:
- Minor changes in User Interface,
- Battery life has been marginally increased,
- The notification bar at the top is now pure black,
- Tethering issues / bugs have been sorted out,
- Android Market Place is optimized and no more force close error occurs,
- Market Works perfectly even in slower data speeds,
- Pinch to Zoom now works in Stock Internet Browser
- Signal reception has now been enhanced
- Adobe Flash now works perfectly
Negative Improvements after the update:
- Pinch to zoom capabilities in the picture gallery lost after update,
- Trackball wake still not activated,
Please note that we should not be held liable or responsible in any manner if anything wrong happens to your device which is the most unlikely if you follow the instructions as prescribed in the due course of this article and also apply the mentioned update only on Nexus One.
Pages: 1 2