Renovate Custom ROM Firmware is one of the Best custom ROM firmwares for HTC One as it fixes most of the bugs which are otherwise still exist in the Stock / Default Firmware in HTC One. So, for all those users who wanted to experience the next level of true Android customization, can now update your device with this firmware.
The best part of this firmware is that it comes with the Sense 5.0 UI. So, before we proceed on to check on the detailed guide to help you update with this Custom ROM, you will need to follow the list of pre requisite instructions mentioned below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Only with the help of below mentioned steps, it’s preferred to create a backup. Make sure that you are not making use of HTC Sync for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > More > Development Options > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Minimum charge left in your phone is 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of rooting process.
Since this is a custom ROM Firmware, you will need to make sure that you have rooted your device which can be checked with the help of “Root Checker” app. Just in case if your HTC One is not rooted, you can root the same with the help of below mentioned step;
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed tutorial on how to apply with this custom ROM firmware.
Procedure to Update HTC One with Renovate Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the Renovate Custom ROM from here to your computer. Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable to place the downloaded zip file in your phone.
- Select the option of “install zip from sd card” and then select the firmware zip file which you have placed in your device. Once it’s selected, wait for a minute or two for the update process to start. It will take round about 4 – 5minutes for finishing the firmware update process.
- Once the firmware is successfully updated, you will get the message as “install from sd card complete”. Select “go back” and select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- To check the current firmware version, you will have to head over to the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where it will be mentioned as Renovate Custom ROM firmware.
Tip: Just in case if the device refuses to turn ON, you will need to long press the power button and then re apply the firmware update again.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will fix the issue at the earliest.