How to Update & Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Jellybean 4.1.1 XXALJ1 Firmware
Note the new way with all new Samsung Galaxy Note N7100 smart phoblet (phone + tablet) as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install the pre rooted XXALJ1 which is nothing but the Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware version. The best part of the pre rooted firmware is that you need not have to root differently as it’s a pre rooted firmware. Once you root Samsung Galaxy Note N7100, you can then install the custom ROM firmwares and apps which require the root access.
Over a period of this tutorial we will see on what are the list of essential pre requisites which one has to follow prior to apply this update. Once you root, you can unroot the device too for which we will soon be coming up with the tutorial.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- Sometimes after rooting you may require to clear / wipe all the data present in your phone so as to get away with the force close errors. So, it’s recommended to create a backup of all the below mentioned data with the help of below steps manually. Don’t create a backup of all the data with the help of ROM Manager Application as it may potentially brick the device for which we should not be held responsible.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Battery charge left in your Galaxy Note N7100 should be more than 40% so as to make sure that device doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update. Navigate to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers and Latest Version of KIES from here to your computer as these tools will be required for you to root the device.
So once assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note N7100 with Pre Rooted XXALJ1 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Download the Pre Rooted XXALJ1 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Package from here to your computer along with Odin flash tool. Extract both of these packages in your computer.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn off your Galaxy Note 2 device so that it can be entered in the Download mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy Note N7100 can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- Once you connect your device, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow or Bluish green depending upon the Odin version indicating that all the required drivers are installed successfully and you are ready to proceed with the next step.
- Click on “PDA” to select “N7000XXLRQ_N7000DBTLRQ_N7000XXLRK_HOME.tar.md5” and then click on Start to start the process of firmware update for updating the firmware. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will get rebooted and once you see the home screen, you can then disconnect your Galaxy Note 2 device.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update and also it may take longer time for the first reboot.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
So there you go you have now successfully upgraded as well as rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.