How to Update & Root Motorola Xoom with Honeycomb 3.2.2 Firmware version
Just in case if you are having the Motorola Xoom tablet then you have got a reason to cheer about as in the due course of this article we will see on how you can not only install the Stock ROM version of Honeycomb 3.2.2 version but also you can root the same and that too the best part is that you don’t need to follow different procedures for different. This update procedure should only be applied to all the Motorola Xoom devices only and if applied to any other tablets then you may brick the device for which we should not be held responsible.
Note: Please note that following this procedure will root the phone and then the warranty will get void. The only way with which you can get back or claim the warranty is by installing the factory or the stock firmware which we will see in the next few days only on Android Advices very soon.
So, before proceeding you need to ensure that you have followed the 3 important list of pre requisites which are mentioned below so that the firmware installation is successfully carried out. We have ensured that each and every step is properly mentioned so that you don’t face any issues while updating with the same.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your device after applying this update which is a very unlikely event if you follow all the instructions carefully. Also, this update is only said to support for the devices which are Wi Fi supported so its recommended for only Wi Fi specific models to follow this procedure. This can be flashed on any device, however the 3g/4g network connectivity will ONLY work on the 4G Motorola Xoom. Everyone else will be on wi fi.
So now let’s proceed to the instructions which you need to follow before proceeding in the form of Pre Requisites.
- Comes Pre Rooted with the Stock Firmware version,
- Issues with the slow and laggy browser have been fixed,
- Adobe Flash 11.0 (SWF) is now completely supported with this update,
- Android Market Place issue too has been fixed,
- Market works perfectly even in Slow data speeds,
- Supports rooting procedure and comes with the Boot loader unlock facility by default for all locked network laden Xoom tablets,
- Comes with the faster UI as the lag is now completely overturned by the “All animation” option,
- Gmail now works perfectly even on slower data speeds
- In the process of this application of update, you may lose all the data which is there in your phone. So, it’s very important to backup the same as just in case if any of the data is lost you can restore the same by using the below steps as mentioned.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Now, once the data is backed up you need to now ensure that the device is at least charged with the minimum of 40% so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
- After this you need to turn Off all the softwares like Antivirus tools, firewalls and also the PC Suites if any in your computer or laptop as this may block the files while transferring the files from your PC to the Xoom.
So, now let’s proceed with the firmware update instructions which are mentioned in the next page.