Procedure to update your Samsung Captivate I897 with the Gingerbread 2.3.5 UCKJ1 Release:
- First up you will have to download the Gingerbread UCKJ1 2.3.5 Zip file which contains all the files which we will be requiring in the process of firmware update. So, as soon as you download the same in your computer or laptop you will need to proceed to unzip the same. Please note that in the process of unzipping, it will prompt you for the password. Enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- So, once you are done with the unzipping, you will now have see that there are two files which are present in the extracted files which are Odin as well as the tar file which is nothing but the firmware file. Additionally there will also be a .dll file which you need to just ignore it as it’s a supporting file and nothing else.
- Now, you need to open the Odin executable file in the Odin after which you will see a screen as shown in the below screen capture.
- Now, turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the download mode. To enter into download mode, you will have to hold down the Volume down key and then press the Power ON button simultaneously to turn ON the device. Just in case if the device boots up in the normal mode then you will have to again try till it doesn’t enter the download mode. Please note that it’s highly not recommended to not to proceed further if you are unable to enter the download mode.
- Please note that there are many versions of Odin which are currently available and are provided by other forums but beware of using them as they are not recommended and the one which comes along with the above mentioned zip file is the recommended one.
- So, once you enter into the download mode, you will now need to proceed to connect the phone while in the download mode and Odin opened in your computer with the help of the USB cable which you got at the time of purchasing the phone. Once you connect the same, after 3 – 4 minutes you will see that the ID : COM block will turn yellow, generally it turns yellow within 5 minutes. Turning this into yellow means that all the required drivers have been updated successfully and you are ready to proceed with the firmware update.
- So, now you will have to click on the “PDA” tab and then you will have to select the file named “” which is there in the extracted folder. Once you select the same, you will have to now click on the “Start” button in the Odin after which you will see that the firmware update process will be started.
- Within a maximum time of 5 -10 minutes you will see that the firmware will be updated successfully. Now, upon successful firmware update, you will be prompted to enter the Google Account preferences followed by the Language selection preference.
- So, there you go you have now successfully updated the Samsung Galaxy Captivate I897 with the latest version of firmware. Just in case if the firmware updation got stuck at any point of time then you need to turn Off the phone, re insert the battery and then again you need to follow the procedure to apply the update.
- Next up, you will have to now restore the contents which you have created a backup of which includes the APN Settings mainly as without the APN Settings you will not be able to access the 3G / GPRS in your phone. Also, you need to restore the backup of all other data like SMS, Contacts etc.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how you can easily upgrade the firmware of your Samsung Captivate I897 with the latest version of gingerbread 2.3.5 release. Do let us know just in case if there is anything you need help on in the comments section below as we will try our level best to get back with the solution in the least turnout time.
Pages: 1 2