Procedure to Update SAMSUNG Epic 4G with Gingerbread 2.3.4:
- Before proceeding to further step, you will have to download the Epic 4G Gingerbread Zip package file in your computer. After downloading this you will have to unzip the same after which you will get a firmware tar file along with the Odin flash tool with which we will be applying the update to the phone.
- So, as soon as the files are extracted as you can see in the below image, you will be prompted to enter in the password as soon as you try to unzip the same. The password which needs to be entered is the “androidfirmwares.com” without the inverted comas.
- Now, from the extracted files, you will have to click on the Odin.exe file to open the same. As soon as it opens up, you will now have to turn Off the phone so that you can now enter your phone in the download mode in which the firmware can be upgraded.
- To enter the phone in the download mode, you will have to first turn Off the phone, hold the “1” numbered key on your qwerty keypad and then holding these both buttons you will have to Power ON the device with the help of the power button.
- Once you get into the download mode, you will have to proceed to connect your phone with the computer with the help of the USB cable. As soon as you connect the USB cable to the computer while the Odin opened on your desktop, you will see that the ID : COM block turning yellow which will mean that all the required drivers are installed on your computer.
- Now, in Odin you will have to click on the “PDA” tab and then you will have to select the file named as “SPH-D700-EH06-8Gb-REL.tar.md5” which will be there in the extracted files.
- After selecting the same, you will now have to click on the “Start” tab after which the installation of the firmware will begin. Please note that you will have to make sure that you don’t interrupt the process of this updation or else you will have to either lose your phone as it will be bricked which is the rare case or else you will have to re-apply the update if this process is interrupted.
- Now, as soon as the process of updation is finished, you will see that the device will be restarted and then the language selection prompt will be popped up in the phone wherein you need to select the language. Upon selecting the language, you will then be asked to setup the Google account which is the optional though and then the home screen will be shown which means that the update has been successfully done.
- As soon as the firmware is successfully applied, you will now have to enter your phone in the recovery mode as in the recovery mode you will have to clear all the cache and also need to wipe the partition so that all the corrupt files are cleared so that you will not face any issues related to lagginess.
The recovery mode can be entered by first turning Off the phone and then hold the Volume down key, camera simultaneously and then Power ON the device simultaneously after which you will see the recovery mode as shown in the below image. To check on which firmware you are currently on, you will have to go to the Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will find the version of Android OS where it will show XXJVR 2.3.4. As you can see above that we have shown some of the images of latest Gingerbread update.
That’s it you have now successfully applied the update of Gingerbread 2.3.4 on your Samsung Epic 4G D700 phone. Do let us know if you face any issues while updating the device as we will try to reply as soon as possible.