How to Update Samsung Exhibit 4G T679 with ICS XquiziT v6.0 Back to Stock Custom ROM Firmware
For all those who are waiting to update SAMSUNG Exhibit 4G T679 with the most stable custom ROM firmware, then we will help you to do with the same. In the due course of this article we will be checking out with the help of a detailed tutorial on how you can apply the update of XquiziT v6.0 Back to Stock Custom ROM Firmware version. Please note that this is not an official firmware version released or related by/to the Samsung Electronics and also we don’t have any ETA on by where there will be an official update of ICS. Please note that since this update is still in the beta stages, there will be some bugs which will be addressed in the coming days. Just in case if you come across with any bugs then you can report the same below in the comments section.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Features of XquiziT v6.0 Back to Stock Custom ROM Firmware:
- Customizable 14 status bar toggle buttons (Flashlight causes fc)
- Extended Power Menu
- De odexed and Zip aligned
- DSP Manager
- Changeable Boot Animation
- Robonto Fonts
- Added App WidgePicker
- Removed lots of Bloat
- Optimized Memory
- Build.prop Tweaks
- Custom init.d scripts for permissions and zip align, EXT4, etc
- Touch wiz is gone
- Updated Apps
- ADW Launcher
- Jocala’s Kernel (Thanks!)
- CRT OFF
- ICS Animations
- Added Mod Version
- Added Boat Browser
- Added Quick Pic
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the below mentioned data should be backed up easily so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be easily restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use PC Suite tools for backing the data as PC Suite doesn’t support the custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 80% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. (If you don’t follow this step then the chances are more that your phone may get DEAD for which we should not be responsible).
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
- So assuming that you have followed all the instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we will be checking out in detail on how to apply this update in your phone.