Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 with Gingerbread 2.3.5:
- So, assuming that you have followed the instructions which are mentioned in the earlier page you will now need to proceed to download the Gingerbread 2.3.5 XWKS2 Zip file in your computer. So, now once you download the same in your computer you will have to proceed to unzip the same, in the process of unzipping if it prompts you to enter the password then enter the password as “androidadvices.com”.
- As soon as the files are extracted, you will now have to match the extracted files with the below screen capture as there will be three files in all. The three files are Odin executable file, one tar md5 file and another one is the .dll file which you need to ignore the same as it’s a supporting file.
- So, once all the files are unzipped successfully, you will now need to open the Odin executable file in your computer you need to now turn Off the phone so that then you can enter into the download mode.
- The download mode in your Samsung GALAXY Ace can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button . Just in case if the device boots in the normal mode then you will have to again try the process of entering into the download mode. Please note that it’s not recommended to proceed if you are not entering into the download mode. One can also refer the below video to enter into the download mode.
- So, as soon as you enter into the download you will now have to now connect the phone with the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase while keeping the Odin as opened in the computer. Now, once you have successfully connected the phone after 2 – 3 minutes you will see that the ID: COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers which are required for the firmware update has been successfully updated and you are now ready to proceed to the firmware update.
- Now, at his point of time you will have to click on the corresponding options which are listed below and choose the files as mentioned below.
OPS – Cooper_v1.0.ops
Select “One Package” option in the Odin
One Package – S5830XWKS2_S5830XENKS1_S5830XWKS2_HOME.tar.md5
- So, as soon as the above selections are made, you will now see that the phone will be restarted automatically.
- As soon as the update is applied successfully, you will see that the device will be restarted on its own and in the process of the firmware update ensure that the firmware update process is not interrupted. Now, again you need to turn Off the phone after you see the home screen. Once you turn Off the phone you now need to enter into the recovery mode.
- Once you enter into the recovery mode, choose the options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option. Please note that you will have to ensure that you don’t select any other options or else there is a high probability that you may end up bricking up the phone.
- After this you will have to re configure the APN Settings which can be done from the path Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names. Just in case if you forgot to backup then you will have to contact your service provider so that the settings can be configured manually as the settings vary from place and operator you are on.
So that’s it in this way you have successfully updated the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to the latest official version of gingerbread d2.3.5. Let us know in the comments section if there are any issues encountered at the time of updating the firmware.