Steps to update Samsung Galaxy Europa GT I5500 to DXJP7 2.2 version:
- At first, you download Galaxy Europa I5500 Asian DXJP7 package file to your PC desktop. Once you downloaded the file, extract it at the same location. In the process of extracting, you need to enter the password, so enter ‘androidadvices.com’ as a password, and extract all the files.
- Once the files are extracted make sure all the above shown files are present in it. If any file is missing, download the zip file again to ensure the perfect firmware updation. Now, open the Odin tool from the extracted files and keep it ready.
- Now, turn OFF your mobile and turn it ON again to enter into the downloading mode. To enter into the downloading mode, press volume DOWN key and OK button along with the Power button simultaneously. Refer to below video to know how to turn ON your phone in the downloading mode.
- Once your phone is downloading mode, connect your phone to PC using USB cable. As soon as you connect the phone to PC, the COM Port mapping block will be turned yellow indicating that all the necessary drivers have been installed successfully.
- Now select the OPS and ‘one package’ option and choose the files as shown in the screenshot below.
OPS – EUROPA_v1.0
One package- I5503DXJP8-I5503DXJP7-I5503OLBJP7_HOME.tar
- After selecting the tar file, click on ‘Start’ button to initiate the updating process. The process of updation will take few minutes and don’t disturb this process in the middle as you need to start again from the beginning in case of interruption. Once the process is completed, your phone restarts automatically which indicates that the process of firmware update has completed successfully. So, now turn OFF the phone and ON it again to enter into the recovery mode. To enter into the recovery mode, press volume UP key and OK button along with the Power button simultaneously. Refer to below video to know how to turn ON your phone in the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, select the options like wipe data/factory reset and Wipe Cache partition. In fact, in the process of firmware update some of the cache files generate to damage your applications on the phone. So, in order to avoid the damage we have to clear all the cache files as mentioned above. Now, reboot your phone using the option ‘reboot system now’ and enter the language preferences and Google account preferences.
That’s all; your Samsung Galaxy Europa GT I5500 has updated with DXJP7 Froyo 2.2 version. If you have any issues and doubts, please mention them under the comments section below, as we always try to provide you the best solutions to solve them.