It’s on October 19 2011 when Google will be taking Off the curtains from the much awaited Ice Cream Sandwich, the next biggest release in Android after the last Honeycomb version, but in this article we will see for all the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 users on how you can make use of the special edition Ice Cream Sandwich Candy custom ROM for your phone which is nothing but an advanced version of Amestris ROM. Please don’t get mistaken by the name as it’s somewhat similar to the name of the Ice cream Sandwich for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 but it’s actually not. So, this custom ROM comes along with humongous number of advancements which we will see in the due course of this article. Also for your simplicity we have broken this article into various pages so that you can follow the corresponding instructions carefully in a dedicated section.
In this page we will see on what are the things which are enhancements in the custom ROM followed by the pre upgrade instructions and the screen captures of that ROM in the second page. In the third page we will see direct instructions with which you will be able to apply this custom ROM in your phone. Last time we saw on how you can install the Amestris 3.5 version of custom ROM but now we will see on how you can install the Amestris 5.1 version of custom ROM which is named as the Ice cream sandwich Candy Custom ROM.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner if anything happens to your device as which is a very unlikely case if you follow each and every instruction which is mentioned below in this article. This update should only be applied to the devices which have the model number of Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 and not with any other phones like I900B, I9000T etc.
It is very important to proceed with the instructions if and only if the device is rooted. If you still proceed without rooting the phone then you will get an error of the “Signature Verified failed”.
Advisory for Galaxy S Users on any Custom ROM:
- If you are on any of the custom ROMs then you will have to first get into the recovery mode and then you will have to clear the cache, wipe the data and also you need to go in the advanced options to clear the Dalvik Cache too. Once you do so you will see that many of the options like Clock Work Mod and other tools will be wiped off from your phone.
- Only after the above advisory you need to proceed to update to XXJVT 2.3.5 Firmware and Root the Galaxy S on XXJVT 2.3.5 of which links are mentioned below.
Since this Custom ROM is based on the XXJVT firmware, its important for you to first update and root the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S from the above mentioned links.
So, now let’s check out some of the Enhancements or the features followed by the screen captures of this custom ROM in the next page.
Features / Specifications of the Ice Cream Sandwich Candy ROM for Galaxy S:
- Based on the Semaphore kernel,
- Amestris Launcher TW 3.0,
- Overscroll Glow and Orange themed,
- CRT Styled screen Animation,
- Mica touched application icon finishing,
- MIUI icon based style,
- Multi CSC and also has capability of Auto EFS Backup,
- BLN Support and new GPS indicator with animation effect,
- Custom Overclock Options (1100 MHz, 1200 MHz and 1300MHz)
- Speed Mod based Kernel Natural Colorfix,
- 9 Lockscreens,
- Updatet Host Files
- Updated All Google Apps to Last Version
- Titanium Backup
- Comes with the Stock apps as Dialer, Contacts, Message, Gallery 3D, Launcher, Settings, Clock etc. to name a few,
- EXT 4 Manager for converting the File System
- Voodoo Control [Voice Control]
Let’s now proceed for the Screen Captures and Pre Requisites of the Ice Cream Sandwich Candy Firmware by Amestris.