Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Ice Cream Sandwich Candy for Galaxy S:
Advisory: Before proceeding to update the phone you will first need to turn Off the phone so that you can enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
- Download the Ice Cream Sandwich Candy for Galaxy S Zip from here to your computer and then you need to connect the phone with the help of the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- Now once you connect the phone to the computer, you will now need to proceed to copy this downloaded Zip file in your phone in such a way that you are not placing this file deep into any folders, just place it in the root of the main folder or phone.
- So, once you place this file you now need to remove the USB cable which is connected and then simply turn off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Down Key + Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to the below mentioned video to get more info on how you can enter into the recovery mode as we have covered a short video on the same.
- So, as soon as you enter into the recovery mode, you will now have to proceed to select he option of “install zip from SD card” and then “choose zip from sdcard” after which it will show all the zip files which are present in your phone along with other files. But from the list of files, you need to select the file which is named as “Samsung_GalaxyS_IceCream_SandwichCANDY_Amestris_V5.1_2.3.5.zip”.
- Now, as soon as you select the zip file you will see that it will take around 5 – 7 minutes to flash this firmware and then the phone will be restarted and there you go you have now successfully updated the firmware to the latest version of Amestris 5.1 version.
- Please note that you should not clear the cache after the firmware update or else you will lose all the add on applications which are installed by this ROM.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you have any issues while updating the phone to this Ice Cream Sandwich Candy Amestris ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. Do let us know just in case if you have any issues in the comments section while updating the firmware as we will ensure that your query is addressed as soon as possible.