More happy news follows for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 users as an all new RC version of ICS has arrived which is dubbed as RC3 ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware version. Please note that this is not an official version of firmware released by Samsung Electronics and as per our close sources we understand that very soon an all new Value pack will be pushed to all the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 phones on the similar lines of that of XXJVU firmware. This firmware build of RC 3 too doesn’t come with the goodness of all the stability fixes but most of the features are fixed and there are rarely any force close errors which we have encountered when tested this firmware. We really thank the developers that is Paul Forde who has made a huge contribution in rolling out this One Cosmic ICS Custom ROM. Last time we saw on how you can install the RC 2.1 ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000.
We will also see on what are the things which work in this version of release so that it will help you to decide on whether its worthy enough to update with or not. So, let’s get started with the things which work, list of pre requisites to be followed.
Things which Work in this One Cosmic RC3:
- Camera Works (Video Recording & Pictures),
- Wireless tethering and Wired tethering works,
- Face Unlock,
- Panorama Mode,
- FM Radio (Works with Spirit FM on Android Market Place),
- Hardware acceleration works,
- Radio Interface Link works which includes Calls / Messages / Data,
- Touch Works,
- Contacts & Calendar sync,
- Android Market Place works,
- Both SD Cards (Internal & External) works,
Change log of RC 3.0 ICS:
Now using Platypus Kernel! (Thanks Zach!) –
– Fully implemented Live OC into Platypus Kernel (Get NS Tools from market) –
– Slow USB transfer speed FIXED –
– All sensors are now working perfectly –
– Videos will now save when stopping recording –
– 720p recording improved! –
– External SD corruption *SHOULD* be fixed –
– Camera now has Touch to Focus! –
– Camera Zoom now works –
– You can now choose the USB protocol (settings>storage>press menu>”USB computer connection”)-
As per the developer there are not many noted list of non-working features, just in case if you find any then you can mention the same in the comments section as we will try our level best to report the same so that it will be taken care of in the coming versions like in RC 4 of ICS for One Cosmic.
So now when you are well versed with the things which work then let’s proceed to the next page where we have summed the procedure on how to apply this custom firmware of ICS Android 4.0.3 in your phone.