After the success of XXJVU Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware version in the form of Value pack and RC 3 release of Ice Cream SANDWICH Android 4.0.3 FIRMWARE, it’s now time for a new firmware which is dubbed as Release candidate 3.1 which comes along with many features. We really thank the developers that is Paul Forde who has made a huge contribution in rolling out this One Cosmic ICS Custom ROM. Last time we saw on how you can install the RC 2.1 ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware and RC 3.0 ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000.
There are few things which work while there are few which doesn’t work. So in the due course of this article we will be listing the same. Also, when compared with the last version of Android 3.0 firmware version there are not many changes as only added stability fixes have been done with this 3.1 firmware.
Things which Work in this One Cosmic RC3:
- Camera Works (Video Recording & Pictures),
- Wireless tethering and Wired tethering works,
- Face Unlock,
- Panorama Mode,
- FM Radio (Works with Spirit FM on Android Market Place),
- Hardware acceleration works,
- Radio Interface Link works which includes Calls / Messages / Data,
- Touch Works,
- Contacts & Calendar sync,
- Android Market Place works,
- Both SD Cards (Internal & External) works,
Change log of RC 3.0 ICS:
– fixed networklocation.apk –
– removed AOSP music for Google Music –
– included OI File Manager –
– removed phonesky.apk –
– removed Google+ (You can install from Android Market Place)
So, assuming that you have gone through the above information, it’s time to proceed to next page where we will be checking out on how to apply this update.