How to Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with MIUI Custom ROM Firmware
Huge relief for the users of Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 users, as an all new stable version of the much talked about MIUI Custom ROM has arrived. So, in the due course of this article we will check out on how you can apply this custom firmware in your phone. MIUI Custom ROM is a very clean and good looking sober custom ROM. The best part of this custom ROM is that it’s very simple to use and also comes with the goodness of higher battery life.
Note: This update is strictly for the users of Galaxy S GT I9000 and not for any other devices. If you still continue to proceed to apply this update on any other device then we will not be able to help you out.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for the damage happened to the device in the process of firmware update. In the due course, the device will have to undergo rooting process and once the device is rooted, the warranty gets void. KIES PC Suite doesn’t work in MIUI Based custom ROMs.
The only way with which you can reclaim back the warranty is by applying the stock firmware update once again in your phone.
Quick Pre Requisites:
There are two important pre requisites which you need to follow before proceeding to the procedure so as to facilitate the faster and safer firmware update.
- First and the foremost, backup all your data present in your phone memory like call log, text messages, apn settings and other settings which are mentioned below so that the same can be restored just in case if the data gets corrupted or deleted.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging mode from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Ensure that the phone is left with the minimum of 60% battery charge so as to ensure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware application process. Disable all sorts of security suites in your phone if any present as these tend to disrupt the firmware application process.
You need to be on any of the Rooted firmwares to apply this MIUI ROM in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000.
Instructions for Users on Custom ROMs:
Just in case if you are on any of the custom ROMs, then you need to first enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In recovery mode, select options “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” and after this you need to also select “reboot system” so as to restart the phone.
Assuming that all the above conditions are followed properly, you can now proceed to follow the procedure which is mentioned below.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S with Stable MIUI Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the MIUI Firmware Zip Package in your computer an without modifying or renaming the file, you need to copy the zip file to your phone by connecting with the help of USB cable.
- Once you copy the zip file, disconnect the USB cable connected from the computer and then turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Please note that just in case if the device boots up in the normal mode, you need to again try entering into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the MIUI Zip file which you have placed in your phone. As soon as you select the file, you will then need to wait for up to 10 minutes as the firmware will get installed in the phone.
- Once the firmware gets installed successfully, you will again land up in the recovery mode. . After this, select “++++ Go Back ++++” > “reboot system now” so that the device is re booted successfully.
So, that’s it you have now successfully updated your Galaxy S GT I9000 with the latest version of MIUI ROM. Let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.