How To Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Simply Honey 5.0 Custom ROM Firmware
Procedure to install Simply Honey in Galaxy S GT I9000:
- After downloading the Zip file of Simple Honey you will get the two files which are Simply Honey Tar tar file and the Odin file. Just in case if it prompts you to enter the password at any point of time then enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- Once it’s done, open the Odin and turn Off the phone so that you can then enter your phone in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to the video below to know more on how you can enter into the download mode. Just in case if the phone boots up in the normal mode then you will have to again try the process to get the phone into the download mode. For your convenience, we have even shown a video below on how you can easily enter into the download mode.
- Now, next up, keeping Odin opened in the computer, you will have to now connect the phone which is in the download mode to the computer after which you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow which means that all the drivers which are necessary to update the phone are loaded successfully and you are now ready to proceed.
- Now select the tar file by clicking the PDA tab in the Odin, as soon as you do so you need to next up click on the “Start” tab. After you click on the Start you will see that the firmware will be updated and then within few minutes of time. Please note that its highly recommended that at this stage you should not interrupt the process or else there is a high probability that you will have to again follow the procedure to update the phone.
- You will see that after 5 – 10 minutes the device will be updated and the same will be rebooting. Please note that at this point of time its highly recommended to not to interrupt the process of firmware update, if you do so then there is a high probability that you may end up bricking up the phone. If it hangs or doesn’t respond then you will need to again start the procedure from the start by removing the battery and then following the procedure.
- After this the phone will get restarted and then you will now have to connect your phone to your computer so that you can then copy the downloaded file named “SimpleHoney-5.0-FullPack.zip” to your phone which we will see on how you can use the same for updating the firmware.
- Now, after copying this file, you need to pull out the USB cable and then turn Off the phone to get into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. For your convenience, we have also made a short video wherein after seeing that you can enter into the recovery mode.
- Now, after this you need to get into the recovery mode and then select the option of “install zip from SD card” which you can go by selecting the Volume up / down key and can select the option by pressing the Power button which is there on the right hand side of the phone. As soon as you select the option, you will no need to choose the option of “choose zip from SD CARD” after which it will show all the zip files which are present in your phone along with other files. But from the list of files, you need to select the file which is named as “SimpleHoney-5.0-FullPack.zip”.
- Now, as soon as you select the zip file, you will see that the application will start loading into the phone and then after a span of 5 – 10 minutes the device will be restarted. Please note that just in case if you are experiencing the battery issues in your phone then you will have to follow the procedure to re calibrate the battery which is a simple process.
That’s it as soon as the device is restarted, you can now enjoy the latest firmware version for your Galaxy S phone. Just in case if you were unable to update the phone then you can report the same to use but before that you need to try the procedure again to check whether you don’t miss out any of the steps which are mentioned. Do let us know in the comments section below just in case if you have any issues while updating the phone and we will try to solve the issues as soon as possible.