Procedure to update Gingerbread 2.3.5 on Samsung Galaxy W 8150:
- So, first up you will have to download the Gingerbread 2.3.5 Package and then you need to extract he same in your computer. Please note that in the process of the unzipping it will prompt you for the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- Now, up next after the files get extracted you will now have to proceed to check with the below mentioned extracted files. All files which you have extracted should match with the ones which are downloaded, just in case if the files don’t match then you again will have to download the zip file and then unzip the same.
- Now, from the extracted files you will have to click on the Odin executable file which will bear the green colored icon to open the same after which you will see a window as shown in the below screen capture.
- So, while you open the Odin in your computer you will now need to turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the download mode. The download mode is nothing but the safe mode in your computer. The download mode can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button .Just in case if the device boots in the normal mode then you will have to again try the process of entering into the download mode. Please note that it’s not recommended to proceed if you are not entering into the download mode. Additionally you can refer to the below mentioned video to enter into the download mode.
- Now upon entering into the download mode successfully, you will now need to proceed to connect he phone with the computer where you have opened the Odin with the help of the USB cable which you have got at the time of the purchase of your phone. As soon as you connect the phone you will see that in the ODIN, the “ID : COM” block will turn yellow which will mean that all the required drivers have been successfully installed in the computer and you are now ready to proceed with the next step.
- In the Odin you will have to make the corresponding selections as mentioned in the below table. So, once you select he files as mentioned in the below shown options in the Odin you need to double check the same or else if you continue to select the wrong files then you may end up bricking up the phone.
OPS – Ancora.ops,
Boot – APBOOT_I8150ZSKI3_CL613004_REV00_user_low_ship_EMMC.tar.md5,
Phone – SMD_MODEM_I8150ZSKI3_CL613004_REV00_user_low_ship_EMMC.smd.md5,
PDA – SMD_PDA_I8150ZSKI3_CL613004_REV00_user_low_ship_EMMC.smd.md5,
CSC – SMD_CSC_GT-I8150-MULTI-CSC-OZSKI3_EMMC.smd.md5
So, now you will have to proceed by clicking on the “Start” button in the odin. Please note that as soon as you click on the Start you will see that the firmware update process gets started and then please ensure that the procedure is not interrupted or else the firmware update progress may get hampered.
Optional Step if you are facing any issues after the firmware update:
So, once the firmware is updated successfully you now see the home screen in your phone after which you need to turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode in the phone can be entered by pressing up on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Once you enter into the recovery mode, choose the options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
So, once the firmware is updated successfully you will now have to check with the APN Settings as well as the MMS Settings . If you are unable to access the Internet from your phone then you will need to go to the path of Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names after which press the “Menu” key to configure the “New APN” and also need to configure the “MMS Settings”.
So, that’s it you have now successfully installed the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy W 8150. Do let us know just in case if you need any help from us in the comments section below or just in case if you are having any issues then too you can report the same in the comments section below.