Gingerbread XFJVA 2.3.5 Gingerbread Package
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with XFJVA 2.3.5 Gingerbread Firmware:
- After downloading the Gingerbread XFJVA 2.3.5 Firmware package from the above downloads section, you need to now unzip the same. In the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter in the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- Once the files are extracted, match the extracted files with the below mentioned screen capture so that none of the files are missed out.
- Now, turn Off the phone and open the Odin flash tool from the extracted files. Up next you need to enter your phone in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Refer below mentioned video to know more on how to enter download mode.
- Once the download mode is entered, with the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase you need to connect the phone to the computer while keeping the Odin opened.
- As soon as you connect the phone with computer while keeping the Odin opened, the drivers will be installed and after that the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean that you are now ready to proceed with the next step.
- Now, click on the below mentioned corresponding tab and select the appropriate file from the extracted zip file
PIT – s1_odin_20100512.pit,
PDA – PDA_XFJVA_Sbl.tar.md5,
Phone – PHONE_XXJVT.tar.md5,
CSC – CSC_OXFJV1.tar.md5
Note: Match all the Settings which are there in the Odin including the “Re Partition” etc.
- Once you cross check the file selections, you will now need to click on the “Start” option. Once the firmware is updated, the device will be restarting on its own after which you will be asked to enter the Google account credentials and the language settings.
- For checking whether the firmware has been successfully updated or not, you will have to go to the path “Applications > Settings > About Phone” where you will find the firmware version as XFJVA 2.3.5 Gingerbread version.
- Now, turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to the below mentioned video to know more on how to enter into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
So, in this way you have successfully updated the phone to the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.5 XFJVA. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section.