Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S PLUS I9001 with Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Download XXKQ7 Firmware Package from here to your computer which will contain the Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware along with the Odin file. Once downloaded, extract the same to get the files which are shown in the below screen capture.
- Up next you need to Open the Odin from the extracted Files. Now, enable the USB Debugging in your phone which you can do from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Once it’s enabled, turn Off the phone so as to enter the device in the Download Mode. The Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Alternatively, you can also refer to the below mentioned video.
- Once Download mode is entered, you need to connect your phone to the computer using the Original USB cable. Once the device is connected, you will see ID : COM section turning yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed and you are ready to proceed for the next step.
Tip: If the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow then you need to install the Samsung USB Drivers and also you need to ensure that in “Applications > Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings > Samsung KIES is ticked”.
- Now, click on “PDA” to select “I9001XXKQ7_I9001DBTKP2_I9001XXKPK_HOME.tar.md5” and then click on “Start” the process of firmware update. Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will then be restarted automatically.
- Once the home screen appears, disconnect the phone from computer and turn off the device so that you can then enter the device in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode can be entered by pressing up on Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Once you enter into the recovery mode, choose the options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
- If the device turns On in the normal mode then you need to again try entering the device in the recovery mode.
Tip: Just in a rare case due to some reasons if the update process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
So congratulations, you have now successfully updated the firmware of Samsung Galaxy Plus I9001 with the latest Firmware of XXKQ7. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to ensure that all your issues are addressed.
Pages: 1 2