Samsung Galaxy mini S5570 smartphone can now be upgraded to the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update. All thanks to the latest Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware as it comes along with the latest Google Apps clubbed with the Jellybean UI. Unfortunately, there are no Official updates for the Samsung Galaxy mini S5570 smartphone Officially but this custom ROM firmware will surely make up for user experience. In the process of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily install the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 build of firmware in your device. Follow all the pre requisite instructions so as to ensure that the firmware is upgraded successfully. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
Please note that for applying this update, you will need to root the device. Once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void. The only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by re applying the official firmware update.
Functions / features that are not fully working:
- HQ video playback (need Open MAX libraries from Qualcomm, unfortunately, they are not going to release them)
- Native USB tethering
- Native Wi-Fi tethering
With the help of below mentioned steps, you will have to back up all the data present in your device so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets deleted or wiped off, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned instructions. Don’t use the KIES software tool for backing up the data as it doesn’t detect the phone in the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Turn Off all the security suites installed in your device as these tools will interrupt the process of firmware installation. Also, ensure that the battery charge left in your phone is not less than 50% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy mini S5570 with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update:
- Download the Jellybean CM 10 Firmware Package from here to your computer along with the Google Apps Package. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device.
- Once copied, disconnect the device and turn off the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode in the Galaxy mini S55700 can be entered by Holding Menu Button and then Power ON the device. If the device turns ON in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache which is there in your device.
- Now, in the recovery mode you will need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” > Jellybean 4.1 Firmware package and then select the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your phone in the same order.
- Please note that it will take more time than expected for booting the device. Once it’s booted, you will see that the device is updated with the latest firmware upgrade. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying this update.
- Just in case if you get any force close errors, turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that all the cache data gets flushed and all your apps will run seamlessly.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update in your device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.