Apologies for all those who were eagerly waiting for updating their Android Firmwares as we were busy attending the Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona. Our team has returned and starting immediately our coverage on Firmware resumes starting with an all new firmware which was released few days back for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 and is dubbed as XXLP1. This all new firmware comes with some of the enhancements which we will be checking in the due course of this article. Please note that this firmware is not an official firmware released by Samsung Electronics and is the beta firmware which got leaked. As of now we have no official details on by when there will be an all new update of ICS Android 4.0 firmware but as in when it arrives, we will surely update you with the same.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Enhancements in XXLP1 Firmware for Galaxy Note N7000:
- Wi Fi disconnection bug have been fixed,
- Wi Fi Sleep Policy error has been fixed,
- Android Market Place now works perfectly without any Force Close Errors,
- Almost all HD Games are now compatible with this Firmware,
- Battery Life has been marginally extended with this firmware,
Apart from all the above listed enhancements, there are some minor performance fixes too which have been noticed when tried this firmware.
Let’s proceed to the list of things you need to do before you proceed to apply this firmware in your device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- We recommend you to back up all the data present in your device with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it will not support the phone after this update.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 60% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and Uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions, it’s now time to head to the instructions mentioned in the next page which will help you to apply this update of XXLP1.